Saturday, May 22, 2010

Veggies in our parking strip


I planted some starts and seeds in our parking strip raised bed today,
but first you gotta see some of the flowers around the house...

Orchid in my room


Fuschia hanging on our front porch


Clematis by the front gate


Yay, a bee!




I planted carrots, beets, pole beans, strawberries
nasturtiums, sweet potato, nappa cabbage...
chard, snap peas, and tomatoes.


We planted sunflowers a few weeks ago.
Will this one really grow to be 12 feet tall?


Yipee, it started raining just as I finished.
I didn't even need to water!

Stay tuned. I'll keep posting and you can see how our
little raised bed progresses through the summer.
Will it be warm enough to keep the tomatoes happy and productive?
Will Happy the Sunflower Seedling fulfill it's dream of growing to be 12 tall?
(Happy is the tiny green speck about a foot in from
the lower left corner of the picture above.)
We may even get a shot of Rupert, our elusive resident hummingbird.




























2 comments:

  1. I don't see any poppies planted yet?
    Sam says that you're in trouble as you've planted the "starts" in way of the sun flowers! I'm glad that I'm not in your shoes.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I googled "nasturtiums" just to make sure it wasn't a made-up word you were throwing in there to see how attentive we were being.

    Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete